Saturday 7 March 2015

Just like buses....!

Just like buses...you wait for ages for one to come along and two turn up at the same time..!

I realised that I had also been up to tons of hooky business this week as well, so I thought I would give you a sneaky peak at what has been created over the past two weeks...

Firstly I stumbled across this lovely, colourful crochet V stitch market bag, so I decided to make my own version in bright rainbow colours...I used a 4mm hook and DK weight perle acrylic yarn that I bought from a local market here in Spain...

If you feel like making one yourself just Google 'bazaar cantasi - market bag a free pattern'... It's on www.madewithloops.co.uk website. Sorry I've not learned how to include a link yet on my blog.....I'll study how to do that soon!

Next I completed my last order request for a wedding that I have contributed a few items too, that we have been invited to in the UK in early May.. These are garlands for their top table...the theme is pastels and they've come out beautifully...

They are a combo of flowers, butterflies and hearts...

All are strung on twine which gives them a slight rustic feel to them...

I'm pleased with them...let's hope they are too!

I just scoured the Internet, Ravelry and Pinterest for freebie patterns and was not disappointed!... I just love the World Wide Web!....

Lastly I thought I would share with you some daffodil brooches that I am in the process of finishing....I plan to donate them to the local MACS (cancer) charity shop here in Mojacr for them to sell..

At the moment they are being blocked, I will then place a felt backing with a pin attached and package them onto card luggage tags with a ribbon attached.. I'll try and remember to snap some photos for you once they're finished..

The patterns I used are Lucy's daffodil pattern over at Attic24 and also the centre daffodil from a pattern I purchased from Etsy.

If you're interested it is by Luba Davies, and the link is www.etsy.com/shop/LubaDaviesAtelier and the pattern is called Daffodil in Granny Square.

I used a 3.5mm hook and yarn purchased from our local Chinese stores. It's a perle thread, 100% acrylic and comes in an abundance of shades..over 80 if I recall correctly

Hope you've enjoyed the extra hooky business!!!

Signing off....again... Xx

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment