Sunday 5 April 2015

Crochet projects completed!

As promised in my last blog....(plus to keep my Mum happy!)..here are all the crochet projects I have been working on recently..

The first was Easter bunnies and chicks..

Here they are being blocked...

The bunnies are from The Green Dragonfly blog and here is the link if anyone out there is interested in making some of these...Nibble nibble, hop hop | The Green Dragonfly

Also the chicks are from the same blog...Here is the link for the chicks..

Cheep cheep the crochet chick | The Green Dragonfly

The crochet daffodils were crocheted to make into brooches. I made these for the MACS cancer charity shop here in Mojacar. The pattern for these are from Lucy at Attic24, here is the link for these too...

Attic24: Crochet Daffodil

Lucy at Attic24 was the first blog I visited when I returned to crochet after many years, and she is a great source of inspiration and I am still learning new techniques from her..like the join as you go method..!

Here they are all ready to go to the store, I was really pleased how these came out. I used a perle acrylic cotton type yarn and a 3mm hook. I then secured a pin brooch attachment to the back secured on a felt circle and then presented them on tags..cute eh?

All of the bunnies, chicks and brooches were taken to MACS where they were gratefully received and I hope it raised a few more euros for their great cause.

I then decided to use up two 14 inch mini cushion pads that I had bought on my last trip to Ikea in Murcia.

The rose centre flower is adapted from a design by Apple Blossom Dreams blog which can be found here.. Apple Blossom Dreams: C.A.L. Granny Rose Week #2 of 5

The photo above shows the 3 stages of construction..the actual flower then the first round in green ( to look like the leaves) and then the final round in cream. Again I used the same perle acrylic yarn and a 3mm hook to keep it nice and tight..

For the 14" cushion I needed 5 squares across x 5 squares down..25 in total for each side..

I decided not to leave an opening and joined the cushion all the way around, and finished it off with a simple shell crochet border. The cushion can easily be laundered by just popping it into a net bag and washing on a cool wash/30 degs..

After completing the first cushion ( which I am contemplating giving as a gift to someone) I decided to use the last remaining cushion pad and make the Something Pretty motif by Millie Makes...here is the link if you would like to make one the same..

something pretty – the pattern | mille makes...

Again I raided the perle acrylic ( I'm desperate to use this up before I leave Spain!) and again used a small hook ..3mm to keep it tight.

I liked the idea of making up one in each shade..

I just used 2 rounds of her pattern and then finished off the 3rd round with a granny type round to enable me to keep the square to the required size I needed for the pad..

Again I needed 5 x 5 squares for each side..a total of 25 for each side. I also didn't leave any opening on this one too, I just joined as I went, and didn't include a border with this one. I felt it didn't need it..

So here they both are in all their glory..the photo illustrates both sides..

Equally I am very pleased with how these came out too, and I think they are so 'Girly' pretty..

Every Friday we visit Garrucha market and partake our freshly made Churros and Spanish chocolate drink. So I decided to buy the two ladies who own the two establishments a small Easter gift... Pretty plants with small pink flowers. I thought I would 'pimp' the pots with some colourful crochet covers..

Needless to say they loved them...hopefully I'll get double helpings next week!!! (Only joking!)

Lastly I can share with you a project that I started last year whilst here in Mojacar..

4 squares in an Aran weight yarn. Again I have used the Something Pretty square by Millie makes plus a plain 5 round square.

I have now joined them all together to make a blanket for a wedding gift for a special couple...

I can only show you small snippets so as not to spoil the final surprise!

I joined the squares together using the Flat Braid Method after a lot of sampling.

The wedding is in the 3rd May, so after the date has passed I'll show you the full blanket in all its glory!

Well that's all my projects shared, now I think I will sit and work out what I can make next!!

Until next time....xx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment