Friday 17 April 2015

I digress...!

I know I promised to write up the 2nd part of the Hen weekend in Benidorm...but I've got sidetracked!!

Early this morning we whizzed along to Garrucha market for our Friday churros and chocolate at Ana's..the last we will have before returning home next week...

On the way we tucked in behind all the cyclist just going out in their daily ride...


We then had to attend the Spanish Notary to amend and update some of our legal documents...we used the same solicitor and Notary that we did 12 yrs ago when we bought our property..situated in the Parque Commercial....

Then the next appointment was a soothing pedicure...also in the Parque Commecial..she is a Russian girl and she always does a fantastic job....

It was a little early for my next appointment at the hairdressers so we decided to have a coffee on the sun terrace at Hola Ola right slap bang on Mojacar Beach..

Great views from the sun deck terrace on this lovely, sunny day...
The into the hairdressers called the Whacky Barbers in Mojacar..I've had my hair cut there a few times now, Debbie is a lovely girl so I asked her to cut it shorter for me and left the styling up to her.....what do you think?? Before & after pics!...
Driving along the front I asked to stop so I could jump out and photograph all the Chiringuitos that look stunning today...it's the beginning of the season, they're all open now after having a thorough clean and polish!!
1st is Aku Aku..
Renowned for their Paella..
Next is El Cid..
One of the oldest bars on the beach, founded in 1978!
Next is Lolas'..
Personally this is my favourite simply for the decor..And the huge glitter ball...so stylish!
Next up is El Patio 2000...

Equally one of the few original chiringuitos on the beach of Mojacar, and I think it was founded in 1968?...

Next door is Bahia..

Now I can personally vouch for this one as we have eaten their Paella and it was to die for!!...a bit pricey granted but divine all the same...all washed down with a jug of freshly made chilled Sangria..heaven..

Last on the end is Maui Beach..

The largest of them all and most certainly has had the most euros thrown at it decor wise..

Beautifully presented with newly installed all weather glass bi-fold doors..it really is quite classy!


As you can probably gather from this entry...these are just a few of the reasons we love Mojacar so much...there is so much to do and definitely NOT enough hours in the day!

Lastly I just wanted to share with you my latest "pimp my plants" experiment..

I had previously only crocheted one Cover for the Palm and that had faded with the constant sun on it, so I decided to go all out and do all three!.. End result..ta dah!...

Número Uno..

Número dos...

Número tres....

Lastly...group photo ladies please!!...

These little jackets should last another season surely?!..

Next instalment of the Benidorm Hen weekend will follow tomorrow..promise!

Off for a Chinese meal this evening with our neighbours so will let you know how that goes too...xx



 

No comments:

Post a Comment