Sunday 4 January 2015

As long as I live...

As long as I live in Mojacar I will never tire of the view that greets me every time I walk through my front door. We live in the top apartment in Las Cumbres (literally translated means 'the summits') so that does give us a spectacular 180 degree view...which is breathtaking.

The forecast for today was good, & it certainly didn't disappoint...it topped 37 later so I spent a very pleasant afternoon knitting another garter stitch sweater..

I found this pattern in the Lion Brand website and it is in fact a crochet pattern. I thought why not try and convert it to knitting and once I had established my needle size by whipping up a tension square ( saves all the tears later on!), I literally just converted the pattern by substituting each instruction into knitting. This is the 3rd one I have made, the first was a crochet version in cream, pure Aran, the 2nd was knitted using a Spanish yarn that I would say was between DK and Aran, and this version I am knitting in DK yarn using 7mm needles to give it a decent drape effect. If it fits I may take a photo and post it....maybe!! If anyone is interested in the pattern it is the Lion Brand Easy Classic Top, pattern No: 70475AD.

 

All the Christmas decorations were safely stored away today ready for next year..so we're all gearing up for the Three Kings celebration which occurs tomorrow evening. We've not decided yet where we will spend it, however Garrucha always puts on a great display with the Kings arriving by boat into the port.


So until tomorrow....xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment