Sunday 25 January 2015

Lazy Sunday...I wish!

We had every intention of having a super relaxing Sunday after totally exhausting ourselves at the Jova Sports Gym open day yesterday...

We both had a great day participating in 5 half hour sessions which were all FREE!

Zumba, GAP, Step, Active Pump and Spinning....gosh that's was knackering I won't lie to you.

I was SO tired last evening I was in bed BEFORE 11pm, which for anyone that knows me well, is really early! We both expected to wake this morning and be unable to move let alone walk! But we were ok!

So this morning we were off early to Villaricos market for our fresh fruit & veg and I am sorry to admit we both had the largest chocolate covered croissant that you've seen in your life...well after yesterday we deserved it! It was devine....

We decided then to travel up along the coast road to Aguilas to visit Decathlon..

The store is open on a Sunday, plus their sale was on so we stocked up on sports apparel...well John bought more that I did.....Now he's sorted plus he's spent all his Christmas Euros!!

We then decided to go exploring and found Aquilas Golf that we had seen from the motorway but were unable to locate. After a bit of Google Earth exploring we found the route.. It's a spectacular setting for a golf course that is located at the foot of the Sierra Aguilon mountains with breathtaking views of the Pulpi bay below...

We then decided to stop for an impromptu mini picnic and quickly dived into the Consum mini market that was open in San Juan de la Terreros for supplies.. Barra de Pan, Jamon, Queso, Tomate and patatas fritas and we were sorted!

This area is quite pretty and the new Mar de Pulpi development has restarted its building programme after many years of laying idle, so it's nice to see things are picking up for the Spanish economy at last..

There's a great view from here and the beach front properties have great vistas like this..

And this...

Not bad eh?!

Homeward bound we travelled back along the coast road where numerous amounts of cyclists were spotted...this area is a popular training spot for professional and amateur cyclists and Triathletes..

Back through Garrucha we spotted this humongous Spanish flag and thought it summed up our perfect day today...in Spain...

Next time crochet update I promise.... Only I felt guilty I hadn't posted since the middle of the week.. And if I don't post regularly my Mum tells me off!!

Adios amigos..x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment