Friday 9 January 2015

Back Tracking....

One of the main reasons I set up this blog is to show and share my craft creations that I make whilst I am here in Mojacar, Spain.

So for this and some future posts I am going to trawl back through my photo archives and show off some of my favourites...hope you like them!

The first was a delicate summer top from Simply Crochet magazine issue 5. A perfect summer top with dainty edging and a super flattering empire line waist detail. An easy-to-wear vest for our hot summer days here in Mojacar.

The pattern called for Egyptian cotton yarn that I did not have so I substituted it for a local yarn from my wool man on Garrucha market. It is called Perle by Alvelana, S.L. And it's is a DK weight with a lovely Perle sheen to it. As I had purchased one 100g ball in EVERY colour he possessed I had little trouble in creating my scrummy jewel effect mini granny squares.

I used a cream for the main body which make the mini granny square colours 'pop'.
I always block a finished crochet item, whether it be a blanket or an item of clothing and with all the sunny days we get here it's never a problem to get the item dry! I have an old pinning board I picked up at a car boot sale years ago, and I brought it over from the UK with me. I pin the item out with headed pins and then just spray with cold water in a spray bottle. Works a treat every time!
What do you think?...
 
Tomorrow I will share another past project with you, so until then..

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment