Sunday 11 January 2015

I Love Granny Squares!

There I've said it, and I don't mind who hears it!!

I absolutely adore making crochet granny squares and when I saw this vintage sun top whilst Googling "granny squares wearables" I thought I can adapt that...surely!

The trouble was that the model from the 1970's was obviously a weeny size 6 or something and I'm not! But no worries, I wasn't deterred..I can work around that!

So I gathered all my 4ply 100% cotton thread I had and set about adapting the pattern. I worked a large granny square and then just added rows around the edges and length until I was happy with the sizing...

As I mentioned before I always block everything so the ever favourite blocking board was dispatched onto the terrace to dry in the Mojacar sunshine!

It looks rather on the large size doesn't it, but once it was off the board it draped rather well as I had used a larger hook, probably a 5mm or near about, I don't always write everything down, I know I should just in case I want to make another sometime..

Anyway..so this was the end result...what do you think? It is a great little cover up and tucks nicely into your beach bag..


Just one footnote...since making this and having the photo taken I've lost 1.5 stone in weight so I don't look such a "umpa-loompa" in it!!

See you tomorrow for the next instalment. x


 

No comments:

Post a Comment